Ever since my college days, I have been reading Ebooks on the Google Play Books App.
While I still use it occasionally. I have been using my Kindle ever since I purchased one in 2015.
To be honest, I have read able to read more ever since I decided to read on my Kindle and I love to read on my Kindle.
This is not a post criticizing paperbacks. This is a post me being thankful for my Kindle. I love paperbacks. Every weekend, I am at a bookshop staring at beautiful covers wishing I had enough money to buy them all. 😛
I still love reading on my Kindle more
Here is why :
- Reasonably Cheaper Prices for almost every book I have read so far as compared to a Paperback or Hardback edition. This means I can buy more books in the money I save for buying my books. To be honest, I am not financially well off to buy the mount of books I wish to buy. Also, buying paperbacks means I need to account for a bookshelf in a rented apartment that is a temporary abode, which means I need to keep moving these books every time I move. I am too lazy to be doing that! 😛
- I Read Multiple Books at a Time! I am a total mood reader.I would read a few chapters of one book on my way to work. Read another in my break and another on my way back. If it wasn’t for my kindle, I would have to carry 3 books with me or at least 2. Kindle helps me have an option of reading any book I like, anywhere, as long as I have it in my library.
- I usually read at Night, until I fall asleep. Apart from reading on my commute, I am usually reading in bed. I hate to have the lights after 10, because I feel I stayed up too long and have a psychological trigger of being tired the next day! I know it doesn’t make sense. But trust me, I know my body works in mysterious ways.
- I do not need to pull out my dictionary every time I want to know the meaning of something. I am someone wanting to know a meaning of a word, right away. Before going ahead with the story. I can’t just highlight it and leave it for later. I just can’t! Kindle Dictionary helps a lot with that!
- I can highlight and write notes in my book, as much as I want. Without feeling guilty about ruining the book. I love writing my thoughts down while reading. I love highlighting new words I come across, beautiful quotes and moments in the book. And If I wasn’t doing it digitally, I would be Defacing the books I own and brain is unlikely to let that go!
- I am less intimidated with bigger books. Since I cam’t physically see the number of pages in a book and how thick it is. I am more inclined to pick a book I want to read, without being intimidated by the number of pages.
- Net galley ARCS! Recently, I have joined Net galley to review ARCS. And if you are someone that is comfortable reading on your Kindle like me. Net galley will be a treasure chest to you. I am a book blogger, and reviewing ARCS is a part of what /i want to do. Net galley sends E ARCS on my kindle, and I never thought I could be happy to read on my Kindle any more than this.
Do you like reading on your Kindle? Tell me why or why not, in the comments below! 😀