My ID is Gangnam Beauty centers on the life of a college student who went under cosmetic surgery to evade derision from her bullies yet her plan seems to backfire as her peers ridicule her artificial look.The pressure of being a “pretty girl” begins to pressure her and, worse, those who can see through her surgery ridicule her and tag her as the “Gangnam plastic surgery monster.” The drama follows Mi-rae’s story of recovering self-esteem as she gets to know her course mate, and former schoolmate in middle school, Do Kyung-seok
Total No of Episodes : 16
- Before talking about how this drama series encourages us to think about how beauty is beyond physical attributes of a human being, I would like to mention the fabulous portrayal of a close knit family relationships in this series. I loved how her father found her pretty regardless, I love how her mother was supportive of her decision.
- Apart from that, I loved the romance. It was so cute and mushy. A romance that focuses more on love for the inner beauty of a person is the best!
- The side characters have their own part in the series by working with their inferiority complexes. The series not only focuses on beauty with society’s mindset of having a good face but also being body conscious in an extreme way.
- The Series also have characters that are praised for being a natural beauty, and how their psych makes them them think that’s the only thing they have to get noticed or be loved. It is how society affects different people in different ways.
- Also, this guy is too cute to be not appreciated.
- Overall, The series is definitely watchable and has a rather important to deliver.
Have you watched this series? Let’s Chat!