In 2017, Son Oh-Gong and Ma-Wang are in conflict with each other as they look for a true light in a dark world where evil thrives. Having made a contract with Seon-mi 25 years ago, entitling her to seek help from Son Oh-Gong whenever she calls him in exchange for letting him free, the two meet again in a fateful encounter. From there, Son Oh-Gong is bound to his protective role towards Seon-mi, the little girl he had met years ago.
Total No. of Episodes : 20
What I Liked
- Korean Dramas are always full of sub plots, and cliche romance. I am yet to watch a K-drama that doesn’t have strong sub plots with important messages. While the main plot line revolves, around the Song Oh- Gong and Seon- mi’s star crossed love story. I thoroughly enjoyed Zombie’s and PK’s relationship as well.
- Song Oh – Gong was an absolute eye candy. I have a new fictional crush you guys! ❤
Also totally want this monkey in my life 😛
- Every episode finished on a cliffhanger, and made me stay up until dawn watching and anticipating what happened next! Also Zombie’s acting is done so good, and shows in all the character developments that take place in the series.
- The Romance is so good! I was so happy every time they kissed.
- The ending is such an open ended interpretation, so I am hoping there is a Season 2 ! Its a bittersweet ending, and I really want to see more of them.
- The romance in this series, made me envious but then again every K-drama series I ever watched is too fluffy on the romance part, and I am slowly getting used to it.
Overall it is a fun rom-com with a supernatural element and a mysterious vibe.
Have you watched Hwayugi ?
What K-drama Series are you currently watching?