Oh My Ghost is about a timid girl, Na Bong Sun that gets possessed by the ghost of a confident young woman who seeks to solve her one unfinished business by hooking up with Bong Sun’s boss, famous chef Kang Sun Woo. Na Bong-Sun (Park Bo-Young) works as a sous chef. … One day, she becomes possessed by seductress ghost Shin Soon-Ae.
Total No. of Episodes : 16
Why Should You Watch It?
- Korean Dramas are always full of sub plots, and cliche romance. I am yet to watch a K-drama that doesn’t have strong sub plots with important messages. While the main plot line revolves, around the ghost who has lost her life abruptly, and is a ghost to solve her one unfinished business, we also feel empathized with the fact she couldn’t fulfill most of her wants when she was alive and gets to experience it as she possesses Na Bong Sun.
- Another reflection passes, when Na Bong Sun grows to be a meek and timid woman, that has zero confidence in her abilities because she was bullied and looked down upon since she could see ghosts and was a granddaughter to a shaman.
- I also liked Kang Sun Woo’s character, who is coming to terms to his reasons to love Na Bong Sun after her confession of being possessed. Kang Sun Woo is such a lovable main actor with him being a good brother, a supportive boyfriend and most of all being so ambitious towards his work. Not such a surprise, but there is a love triangle in this book, and is done so beautifully.
- Shin Soon-Ae, the ghost eventually discovers how she died and is now on a mission to solve the mystery behind her death. I loved ow the ending wraps up so perfectly, and how the plot thickens with every episode. I absolutely adored the last few episodes, especially the scene with her dad almost dying.
- The acting in this series, is absolutely too good. Every time someone was possessed I could see a whole different personality in them.
- The romance in this series, made me envious but then again every K-drama series I ever watched is too fluffy on the romance part, and I am slowly getting used to it.
Overall it is a fun rom-com with a supernatural element and a mysterious vibe.
Have you watched Oh My Ghost ?
What K-drama Series are you currently watching?